Tipo Sport

Introduce yourself
Grahambruce

Tipo Sport

Post by Grahambruce » Fri May 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi All, I have recently bought a Tipo Sport off ebay. There are a few jobs to do but nothing too great. This is largely a nostalgia trip for me having owned numerous Rumis in my youth. My regrets were parting with the three cylinder bike and Junior Gentleman that I had. I can't remember the registration numbers or have any photos so I am unable to track them down now, but if any one remembers or has a bike that once belonged to a youth in Brighton Sussex in the late '60s it may have been mine!
Currently apart from the Rumi I have a couple of BMWs. An R100GS and R1150GS and enjoy them both. I have had several Vincents, Morgan three wheeler and too many cars to mention in between my first Rumi and now. Should have put them in a barn! Great discussion site and full of lots of useful information.

tony mooring

Re: Tipo Sport

Post by tony mooring » Sat May 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi Graham, Re your Junior Gent you had, did it have a chrome headlight and ally mudguards ??

Grahambruce

Post by Grahambruce » Sat May 09, 2015 5:38 pm

I think it had a chrome headlight. I know the headlight brackets were not original. It had a rear hub bearing problem because the bearing had worn the housing as I remember. I had the seat recovered In black suede . The tank was red and the frame black.
Graham

hugomez
Site Admin

Post by hugomez » Sun May 10, 2015 10:49 am

Grahambruce wrote:Hi All, I have recently bought a Tipo Sport off ebay. There are a few jobs to do but nothing too great. This is largely a nostalgia trip for me having owned numerous Rumis in my youth. My regrets were parting with the three cylinder bike and Junior Gentleman that I had. I can't remember the registration numbers or have any photos so I am unable to track them down now, but if any one remembers or has a bike that once belonged to a youth in Brighton Sussex in the late '60s it may have been mine!
Currently apart from the Rumi I have a couple of BMWs. An R100GS and R1150GS and enjoy them both. I have had several Vincents, Morgan three wheeler and too many cars to mention in between my first Rumi and now. Should have put them in a barn! Great discussion site and full of lots of useful information.
Hi Graham,

Welcome to Moto Rumi forum. Nice that after all those years you got again another Rumi. Always are welcome to see photos of the Rumi of the members of the forum, so fell free to post any here :D

If you need any help along the process fixing your Tipo Sport, do not hesitate to pass by and ask, I am sure somebody will here will be happy to answer.

Greetings,
Hugo
My little Formichino here: http://www.formichino.com/pictures1.html