Insurance

Talk about anything you feel like
mjpound

Insurance

Post by mjpound » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Hoping to get my Formichino back on the road after 51 years, I'm finding difficult to get online quotes as the majority of websites don't recognise Rumi and won't allow me to overwrite the name. Any recommendations, please?

Mike Pound

hugomez
Site Admin

Re: Insurance

Post by hugomez » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:45 am

Hi,

I am not in UK, but in The Netherlands. Here in the Netherlands there is a company called Vetera that insure only classic vehicles (motorbikes and cars). It offer great deals, knowing that collectors have many bikes/cars and do not often use them, so there are packages where you can insure a number of them in the same policy. The one I use insure until 6 motorcycle in the same policy for the same price. It doesn't matter if you have 2 or 6, the price is the same, and pretty affordable, only 65.95 euros a year for all of them.

Searching in Google about insurance specialize in Classic vehicles in UK, the first I found is this:

LINK: https://www.footmanjames.co.uk/classic- ... QEQAvD_BwE

Maybe is good to have a look and contact them directly, they may have a similar packages as Vetera has here in The Netherlands.

Of course, members of the forum from UK can give you more clear details about the insurance they use currently there. Hopefully you will.

Greets,
Hugo
My little Formichino here: http://www.formichino.com/pictures1.html

formic

Post by formic » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:12 am

Hello Mike
I have insured several Formichinos over several years and have never had any bother using Carol Nash,a well known motorcycle insurance broker.
Best wishes
Michael

Ian Skinner

Post by Ian Skinner » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:03 am

Yes, I agree with Michael. All my bikes over the last twenty years have been insured through Carole Nash, smooth arrangement and competitive pricing! Ian