Broken center pressure ball - Clutch

Moto Rumi technical problems or solutions
hugomez
Site Admin

Broken center pressure ball - Clutch

Post by hugomez » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi,

I just want to show you what happened yesterday to me. This can be useful in case it also happen to you in the future.

As I mentioned in other topic some weeks ago, I installed reinforced clutch springs in the engine of my Bol D'Or, trying to solve the problem of the clutch slipping in high revolutions in first gear. You can see that topic at the next link in case you are interested: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1633

Well, yesterday we got an amazing sunny 20 degrees Sunday, so perfect day to test the scooter. During the first 10 minutes the engine was performing very well. Then suddenly I noticed that the lever of the clutch lost pressure. I stop to tight the screw of the cable to get pressure again, but after start the engine the clutch lever lost pressure again in a few seconds.

At that point I had no idea what was happening.

I recorded this video with the engine off, because the sound that was coming from the clutch while grabbing the lever was not good at all.

Today I've removed the engine cover to see what was causing the problem, and to my surprise, the center pressure ball is broken in half.

Is this something that happened to any of you in the past?

Here some photos of the ball the way I found it, and already on the table.

Moto-Rumi-broken-center-pressure-ball---clutch-00.jpg
Moto-Rumi-broken-center-pressure-ball---clutch-00.jpg (62.99 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Moto-Rumi-broken-center-pressure-ball---clutch-01.jpg
Moto-Rumi-broken-center-pressure-ball---clutch-01.jpg (56.04 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Moto-Rumi-broken-center-pressure-ball---clutch-02.jpg
Moto-Rumi-broken-center-pressure-ball---clutch-02.jpg (74.6 KiB) Viewed 259 times
My little Formichino here: http://www.formichino.com/pictures1.html

formic

Re: Broken center pressure ball - Clutch

Post by formic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Wow that'ts amazing,never seen anything like it.
Hope I never do.