Paper gaskets & sealing compounds - POLL

Moto Rumi technical problems or solutions

What do you use to at the clutch engine cover?

Paper gasket with NON-hardening sealing compound
38%
Paper gasket with sealing silicone compound
38%
Only the paper gasket
25%
Only NON-hardening sealing compound
No votes
Only sealing silicone compound
No votes
None of the above
No votes

Total votes: 8

hugomez
Site Admin

Paper gaskets & sealing compounds - POLL

Post by hugomez » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:43 am

Hi all,

I just created this poll (that by the way, the answer is anonymous) to know what you do when assembling the clutch side engine cover.

Along these years I have seen that some members of the forum like to use "Non hardening sealing compounds" for this. Some members didn't recommend to use "Silicone gasket compound".

I personally like to use the "silicone type" because is much easy to remove and clean when removing the cover of the engine again, but perhaps there is an important technical reason for not using it in our Rumi engines. If so, I don't know.

I always use a paper gasket on it, but adding some sealing compound as well. However some of the sealing compounds are designed to use directly at the metal, not with a paper gasket in between, however, in the past, I have assembled the clutch side engine cover ALWAYS using the paper gasket, sometimes with "Silicone gasket compound" and sometimes with "Non hardening gasket compound".

Are both ways correct?

Can you let me know the way you assemble it?

If you answer at the poll is "None of the above", it would be nice if you can explain the way you do it.

By the way, to be able to vote at the poll, you must login first.

Thanks in advance,
Hugo
My little Formichino here: http://www.formichino.com/pictures1.html