Formichino Parts Wanted

Are you looking for parts for your Rumi?, ask here
jayhawks

Formichino Parts Wanted

Post by jayhawks » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 pm

I want to buy a few parts for my Formichino. Would like to buy the following in good used condition. The 3 metal discs that fit on the rear suspension.
They are numbered 25 on page 16 of the Spare Parts Manual. Also, I would like to buy the rubber part near the top of the suspension. It is number 27 in the Spare Parts Manual.

If anyone is interested I would be willing to trade a new reproduction set of the 4 rubber discs numbered 24 in the Spare Parts Manual for the parts I am looking for. I have these parts listed on eBay in the United States. I made these using molds from original parts.

arthur lewthwaite

Re: Formichino Parts Wanted

Post by arthur lewthwaite » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:01 pm

hello jayhawks,can you let me know when discs arrive so i know you got them okay,idont know how long they take to get to you but should not be to long now,regards arthur.

arthur lewthwaite

Post by arthur lewthwaite » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:49 pm

have you fitted discs yet and finished you bike.regards arthur.

jayhawks

Post by jayhawks » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Hello Arthur,
Your timing is very good! I finished enlarging the holes today and will install the discs later this week.

I hope the rubber parts I mailed to you last week arrive in good condition.

All Best,
Phil

arthur lewthwaite

Post by arthur lewthwaite » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:32 pm

phil. i know the rubber was old and worn i sent you but did it help with sorting out the size you needed to make the last rubber which i think is thicker,also i thinks tapered in the bore for the wedge shaped ring to bite into as you tighten all up as an assembly,rubbers not here yet but should arrive soon i think. post a picture of you on the bike when you ride it. there're couple of other rumi owners in australia.arthur

arthur lewthwaite

Post by arthur lewthwaite » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Put Australia when i should have said America. One in boca rotan Florida, one in pa plus couple more. I not sure now where they are. There is a video of Jay Leno on Youtube with a friend's Junior.

jayhawks

Post by jayhawks » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:22 am

Hello Arthur,
Unfortunately I will not be able to post photos of my Rumi until the weather here improves. It is very cold, windy, and frequently snows! Spring will be here soon(?) and I will be able to give my Rumi a test run and take photos. At that time I will write a short article about the project to post with the photos.
The rubber parts I mailed you should arrive in about a week. Please let me know when they arrive.
Sincerely,
Phil

arthur lewthwaite

Post by arthur lewthwaite » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:06 pm

Hello Phil, no sign of the rubbers yet. Did you track them, if you did, let me have number and i can see how they are going.

arthur lewthwaite

Post by arthur lewthwaite » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:06 pm

phil still no sign of the rubbers as of yet.

jayhawks

Post by jayhawks » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:04 am

Hello Arthur,
I mailed the rubber suspension parts on Dec. 30. Am hoping they arrive soon. The United States Postal Service provides tracking to the point the article reaches your postal service. When I checked the tracking this morning it only indicated that it is on the way. The USPS.com tracking number is LH086383534US I have no idea why it is taking so long. Door to Door tracking is available with FedEx but it is outrageously expensive. Usually the USPS is reliable. I will keep checking to see when it is turned over to your postal service. Hoping it is soon!
Phil

arthur lewthwaite

Post by arthur lewthwaite » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:33 pm

phil sent pm

arthur lewthwaite

Post by arthur lewthwaite » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:28 pm

finally received parts ,very well made,but what are the smaller rubbers and squares for,are they on the steering parts.great job regards arthur.

jayhawks

Post by jayhawks » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:52 pm

Glad to know that the rubber parts finally arrived. Yes, the smaller parts are for the steering.